A collection of some projects from my research, teaching, and coursework activities.
Getting the maximum salt-removal rate from batch electrodialysis.
A T-Base Lathe for high-precision facing operations, designed and built from scratch.
Bacterial growth morphology is affected by nutrient availability and substrate stiffness. We tried to simulate these effects.
This simple 3D-printed device applies the concept of elastic averaging to concentrically locate a part with high accuracy.
The Bernoulli Effect was used to preload this kinematic coupling.
A compact electrodialysis (ED) stack for point-of-use desalination.
A Mars spacesuit construction that addresses the key challenge: rejecting body heat.
A custom-built benchtop lathe capable of cutting aluminum and steel.
I spent January 2016 visiting households across India to understand how families interact with their point-of-use (POU) water purification systems.
A prototype window installation that simulates thunderstorms for a mystery-manor themed escape room.
A patented hybrid transmission concept for high-performance vehicles.
Using CFD to model water spray curtains entraining air and dispersing heavy gases.
A lightweight collapsible wheelchair for boarding passengers on aircraft.